- Officially represented by Andreadis Talent Agency for Film/TV.
- Was cast in a principal role (Urger#3; Stunt Performer) in the thriller feature, “Urge“, starring Pierce Brosnan, Ashley Greene, Danny Masterson and Nick Thune.
- Wrapped the first season of my SAG-AFTRA web series DEAD ON ACTING, a quarter-hour comedy about the misadventures of an NJ based acting class and the oddball teacher who instructs them on how to perform convincing death scenes. For more information about the show, please click HERE.
- Working on treatments and specs scripts for several projects through my production company, Mayamo Jimmy Productions.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my page!
My name is Jimmy T. Martin and I am a hyphenate artist (writer/actor/producer) based in New York City.
Below are few interesting facts about my life:
- I am from a small town in Pennsylvania called “Forty-Fort”
- I was the founder of my high school N’Sync cover band with five of my Caucasian classmates called “Diversity”.
- I have worked many different/odd jobs while pursuing work as an artist (i.e. Zamboni driver, nude art model, humor greeting card writer, Starbucks barista, luxury personal trainer in the Upper East Side/TriBeca.
- I am an alumnus of George Mason University, where I majored in Communication with a Minor in Business Administration and upheld my responsibilities as a scholarship student-athlete for their Division 1 Men’s Wrestling Team from 2003-2007.
- I trained with the 2004 Olympic Wrestling team in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the Summer of 2004.
- I have a 6 year old cinnamon and white colored female Boston Terrier and a 1.5 year old Golden Sammy.
- I’ve been featured several times as a background performer on Saturday Night Live (view the “Saturday Night Live” sidebar for more details)
- I own and operate a company called Mayamo Jimmy Productions, where I write and produce creative projects for clients in the arts and entertainment industry.
- My beautiful wife, Linmarie Martin, passed away from cancer on May 12th, 2014.
SKETCH COMEDY SAMPLES
- “Once in a Lifetime Audition”
- “The Bad News Bear Head” (Commercial Parody)
- “Pup Ups” (Commercial Parody)
COMEDY WRITING SAMPLES
- Late Night With Jimmy Fallon Packet
- Handsomely Yours (Bromantic Greeting Cards)
- Other Humor Greeting Cards
- Comedic Monologues
- Spec-Commercial Copy
OTHER WRITING SAMPLES
All work found in the above links is protected under the Writer’s Guild of America. Any inquiries regarding further explanation on concepts/scripts are asked to be requested at email@example.com.
“Jungle Fever” (Commercial Parody)
“Dead On Acting” (SAG-AFTRA Webseries)
(Writer/Director/Actor/Executive Producer for Episodes 1-6; Click HERE to watch the series)
“Once In A Lifetime Audition”
“The Pal Corral”
“You Shoes, You Lose” (Commercial Parody)
“Making A Change” (Demo Reel Script)
“Food For Thought” (Demo Reel Script)
The following is a clip from the 2009 Grand Jury Prize nominated film "Toe to Toe", where I played the high school bully TWISTED CAP in a scene with actors Louisa Krause ("Young Adult") Chris Riggi ("Vampire Sucks"/"Gossip Girls" ) and Sonequa Martin-Green ("NYC22"/"The Good Wife").
The following are videos from my background work on SNL.
- “E-Meth” Digital Short (Host: Tina Fey (Season Premiere); Role: Bar Patron)
- Dance Floor Killer (Host: Jim Parsons; Role: Dance Patron)
- “First Date” Live Sketch (Host: Seth McFarlane; Role: Restaurant Patron)
- “Bar Fight” Live Sketch (Host: Adam Levine; Role: Member of Maroon 5)
- “Veganville” Live Sketch(Host: Justin Timberlake; Role: Michigan Wolverine Helmet Harlem Shake Dancer)
- “Red Flag” Digital Short (Role: Shaved Head Tuxedo Attendee)
- “Tiny Balls” Digital Short (Role: Baseball Player at Batting Practice/Locker room)
- “Retirement Party” Live Sketch (Role: Back Row Retirement Party Attendee)
- “Beethoven” Live Sketch (Role: 2nd Chair Violin Player)
- “Tennis Ball” Digital Short (Role: Ghostfinders Crew Member with Kenan Thompson)
- “We’re Just Friends”(Role: Wedgie Butt Double for Jason Sudeikis/Gay Bartender)
The following is press regarding my work on my Off-Off Broadway show “The Bark of the Underdogs”: