Thank you for taking the time to visit my page!
My name is Jimmy T. Martin and I am a hyphenate artist (writer/actor/producer) based in New York City.
Below are few interesting facts about my life:
- I am from a small town in Pennsylvania called “Forty-Fort”
- I was the founder of my high school N’Sync cover band with five of my Caucasian classmates called “Diversity”.
- I have worked many different/odd jobs while pursuing work as an artist (i.e. Zamboni driver, nude art model, humor greeting card writer, Starbucks barista, luxury personal trainer in the Upper East Side/TriBeca.
- I am an alumnus of George Mason University, where I majored in Communication with a Minor in Business Administration and upheld my responsibilities as a scholarship student-athlete for their Division 1 Men’s Wrestling Team from 2003-2007.
- I trained with the 2004 Olympic Wrestling team in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the Summer of 2004.
- I have a 6 year old cinnamon and white colored female Boston Terrier and a 1.5 year old Golden Sammy.
- I’ve been featured several times as a background performer on Saturday Night Live (view the “Saturday Night Live” sidebar for more details)
- I own and operate a company called Mayamo Jimmy Productions, where I write and produce creative projects for clients in the arts and entertainment industry.
- My beautiful wife, Linmarie Martin, passed away from cancer on May 12th, 2014.
- “You Live In Yorkville”
- “Once in a Lifetime Audition”
- “The Bad News Bear Head” (Commercial Parody)
- “Pup Ups” (Commercial Parody)
- “TEARing It Up” (Comedic; Female)
- “Redefining Us” (Dramedic; Female)
- “Spoon Fed” (Comedic; Male)
- “Dear God” (Dramatic; Male)
- “Getting Personal” (Dramatic; Male)
- Other Comedic Monologues
COMEDIC WRITING PACKETS
- Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (2012)
- Handsomely Yours (Bromantic Greeting Cards)
- Other Humor Greeting Cards
OTHER WRITING SAMPLES
All work found in the above links is protected under the Writer’s Guild of America. Any inquiries regarding further explanation on concepts/scripts are asked to be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Jungle Fever” (Commercial Parody)
“Dead On Acting” (SAG-AFTRA Webseries)
(Writer/Director/Actor/Executive Producer for Episodes 1-6; Click HERE to watch the series)
“Once In A Lifetime Audition”
“The Pal Corral”
“You Shoes, You Lose” (Commercial Parody)
“Making A Change” (Demo Reel Script)
“Food For Thought” (Demo Reel Script)
The following is a clip from the 2009 Grand Jury Prize nominated film "Toe to Toe", where I played the high school bully TWISTED CAP in a scene with actors Louisa Krause ("Young Adult") Chris Riggi ("Vampire Sucks"/"Gossip Girls" ) and Sonequa Martin-Green ("NYC22"/"The Good Wife").
The following are videos from my background work on SNL.
- “E-Meth” Digital Short (Host: Tina Fey (Season Premiere); Role: Bar Patron)
- Dance Floor Killer (Host: Jim Parsons; Role: Dance Patron)
- “First Date” Live Sketch (Host: Seth McFarlane; Role: Restaurant Patron)
- “Bar Fight” Live Sketch (Host: Adam Levine; Role: Member of Maroon 5)
- “Veganville” Live Sketch(Host: Justin Timberlake; Role: Michigan Wolverine Helmet Harlem Shake Dancer)
- “Red Flag” Digital Short (Role: Shaved Head Tuxedo Attendee)
- “Tiny Balls” Digital Short (Role: Baseball Player at Batting Practice/Locker room)
- “Retirement Party” Live Sketch (Role: Back Row Retirement Party Attendee)
- “Beethoven” Live Sketch (Role: 2nd Chair Violin Player)
- “Tennis Ball” Digital Short (Role: Ghostfinders Crew Member with Kenan Thompson)
- “We’re Just Friends”(Role: Wedgie Butt Double for Jason Sudeikis/Gay Bartender)
The following is press regarding my work on my Off-Off Broadway show “The Bark of the Underdogs”: